How to get the most out of your Shellac service after you’ve left the salon…
I am confident you will absolutely love your Shellac nails and I expect your nails to last flawlessly for up to 14 days as long as you give them a little love and care throughout that time. Shellac is pretty much indestructible when it comes to wear and tear of normal daily life, however it is not completely indestructible and I hope you will partner me in helping to protect your Shellac service.
When undertaking household cleaning, gardening or when using chemicals please wear protective gloves, not doing so can damage your Shellac service. If you do happen to damage your Shellac I have provided some advice below along with some general advice for maintaining your Shellac polish:
• If you happen to do something that causes your Shellac polish to chip or lift please do not pick or pull at the area as this will increase the damage. If this does happen please contact me so I can assess the nail and decide if a repair is necessary – please note repairs are chargeable at £3 per nail
• Some sun tan oils and insect repellents contain DEET which will cause major damage to Shellac polish. (N,N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide, abbreviated DEET is a slightly yellow oil which is a common active ingredient in insect repellents). To minimise this effect wash your hands and nails immediately after applying sun tan oils or insect repellents. Also some delicate colours can fade if subjected to chlorine followed by excessive sun as chlorine is bleach which intensifies when subjected to the sun therefore ensure you wash then dry your hands and nails after swimming and before sunbathing.
• If you wish to temporarily change the colour of your nails whilst wearing Shellac™ you can use nail enamel over the Shellac but please be sure to use an Acetone Free Remover when removing nail polish.(Excessive enamel change is not advisable as a non-acetone remover will still contain a small percentage of acetone which will eventually affect your Shellac).
• Use SolarOil™ at least twice a day to replace lost moisture to the skin and nails. Using before bed is highly recommended. Solar Oil has been made to be used to compliment and maintain your Shellac service – pinkie size bottles are available from the salon and retail at £3.95
• Another beneficial product is CND hand and body lotion. Regularly using CND aftercare products will substantially prolong the life of your Shellac and keep your natural nails and surrounding skin healthy, moisturised and flexible.
If you decide you would like to remove your Shellac please call me as professional removal is necessary as home removal can damage the surface of your natural nails. Alternatively if you can’t make it into the salon we have Shellac Remove Tubes available for purchase – visit our SHOP.